Saturday, September 23, 2006

Last thoughts about my Eastern US trip

If you asked me what I expected about this NY/Boston trip, I think I can echo a lot of things that my travel companion said - so I won't elaborate much:
http://samakshine.blogspot.com/2006/09/nyboston.html

What I enjoyed the most in this trip, however, is a time to observe closeup how my friends teach and guide and play with their children. It was a very nice time to just sit and watch the kids play (almost feel like I'm a parent as well!), and I feel so blessed just having the opportunity to watch and learn--watching my friend play with 3 & 6 years old just amazes me so much. Maybe one day if God wills it and I have my own kids, I will know where to turn to and get some advice about bringing up a few of my own.

The other thing I truly notice about myself in this trip and how much I desperately need God to teach me more about patience. Strangely God has freed quite a lot of my worries--it's as if He just gently tells me how good a plan He has in store for me, and the only thing I need to do is to trust Him--something I have never been able to do.

Many thoughts cross my mind; there are a lot of things I'll need to reflect more on--but time's running out. Need to go to lunch!! Last lunch before I leave NY. I may not miss the city much - but I think I really miss the reflection and quiet time...

No comments: