This is one of those rare days that I knew from the start of the day that I have absolutely nothing to do at work. All depts have their deadlines and are working hard, and I have nothing to update and no one to talk to because I don't want to bother anyone.
And I was REALLY bored. Didn't help when it's like one of the most gorgeous days outside. I considered bugging my boss again and asking her to give me something to do - but then I figured this would be like creating trouble for her (who wants to be told that they have nothing to do)?
So I tried to create work for myself (something my bf seems to think I'm very capable of doing). I immersed myself in VB scripts trying to automate graphical reports based on a template I have seen before. It's fun (just 'cuz I don't do it very often)--but I also didn't get very far before I kept seeing those pop up "Error in compilng" windows. I guess my one-term computer course (in FORTRAN) back in university didn't help.
Seems like programming is something that can be easily forgotten if you don't use it. A year and a half ago I was writing codes every day because we were in a rush to complete a database--and I actually felt that I knew how to code :P Now --I printed out everything I have done before just to try to remember the code...
Well, at least there's always the Internet where I can find a lot of sample codes. this is going to be a lot of studying if I want to finish what I want to do (the sad thing is, I really didn't think it was very difficult when I first started :P).
Maybe next week I should start thinking about studying my PMP exam. At least that's somewhat work-related =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment