Thursday, January 26, 2006

Laptop = sleep deprivation

I'm really not disciplined these days. Can't be trusted with a laptop: if I dare to bring it home there's no difference between work and home. I start vpn-ing to my work network, I would spend the whole night clicking and typing away... to a point I can't even drag myself to get a drink or go to the gym or even sleep! Laptops are a dangerous thing!!

These few days because my boss is kinda officially not doing project management anymore, I suddenly end up with a lot of things to do and to think about (which I want and is a good opportunity to learn). Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a plain workoholic. When I tell others that I am busy--strangely sometimes I say it with a tint of pride!! I suppose it's because when I first started in this dept I couldn't find anything to do.... and now FINALLY I have something to do I'm extremely satisfied.

Back to the sleep thing. A sad discovery. I can't stay up past 3am anymore. However awake my brain is, my body just can't handle it. I still remember the good old days in university where I can spend 2-3 days without sleep on my report or project AND others still don't see a difference. Now? I sleep past 3am for one night and the following morning I'm bobbing left and right when I drive to work--and I would be sacrificing gym that day too because I would be too tired to go. Talk about reduced stamina!!!

Sigh... aging is a fact. They all say after 25 yrs old it's downhill from there. For me it's blatantly obvious how much more sleep is actually necessary for me!! >_<

24 hours a day... definitely not enough.

No comments: